Curious about essential oils?
We need to chat.
Essential oils are awesome – and believe me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How on earth could a sniff of this or a rub of that help to improve my family’s health or wellbeing?
But before I explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
So, now that you know what they actually are, you might be wondering how they can help you.
How can essential oils help promote health and well-being?
I’m not here to shove a bunch of science down your throat (although there are some really cool scientific studies down on essential oils). I just want to share how essential oils have helped me and my family.
I tend to stress out easily – which is probably an issue for most moms! Stress Away is my go-to for stress: it relaxes me, calms me down, and takes the edge off my worries.
I also love to diffuse Lemon when I need a little lift to my mood. My kids are always asking for a sniff of lemon because it makes them happy.
Peppermint gets used during work hours: I put it in the diffuser in my office, and it helps us all focus so much better and enjoy what I’m working on.
Those are just three examples, but essential oils have also replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Can you use just any essential oils?
In my opinion, no. I’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask me, there’s one particular
brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living.
Why I Only Recommend Young Living
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are my three favorites:
1. The Source Matters
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, I know that the source matters.
I did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that I felt I could trust with my family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, the team at Young Living set the highest standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op. And if I’m going to be putting products on my family’s skin and around our home, I want to know they’re pure and unadulterated!
2. You Become Part of a Big, Friendly Community
As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
3. The Young Living Starter Kit is the Best Introduction to Essential Oils (and the best value!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you’ll want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
Here’s what you get with the Premium Starter Kit:
The Premium Starter Kit comes with 11 essential oils, your choice of 4 diffusers, a rollerball for your bottles, product guide, and tons of samples! The kit retails for over $300, but as a wholesale member, you get a 50% discount. In addition, as a wholesale member you will enjoy a 24% discount on all future orders as well as be eligible for a cool customer loyalty program called Essential Rewards.
Step-by-Step: Purchase your Premium Starter Kit
1. Click on the link below to sign up.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
3. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in the future. This information will never be shared with anyone. Young Living has been doing business for more than 20 years and values your privacy. There is absolutely NO commitment to become a distributor to enjoy buying Young Living products a wholesale prices.)
4. Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log into your account and order any future oils or products.
5. Select your order: Here’s where you get to pick your starter kit and your diffuser.
6. Optional: Sign up for the Frequent buyer’s club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you join, you’ll start accumulating reward points for everything you buy which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s NO need to join right away – you can just purchase your starter kit. You can always join ER at a later time
7. Confirm your order! I’ve had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and I don’t want you missing your products or oils!