I am so ready for fall. Ready for the cozy sweaters, colorful leaves, and cooler weather. I am also so ready to make (and eat) more soups. I love soup. It’s so warm and comforting. And when you add in some nourishing homemade broth, it’s also an awesome way to thank your body… especially if that soup is a Thai chicken curry soup!
This Thai chicken curry soup is fragrant, delicious, and warming.
Although, I honestly don’t just save it for cooler weather. I love this soup whenever I can get it. It was one of the first things my husband and I made when we were married… meaning it’s pretty fool proof, too. Pair it with some sprouted bread or fried rice and a side of veggies and you are good to go!
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2⅔ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 - 3 small hot peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 Tbs soy sauce (best to get organic to avoid GMOs, preferably naturally fermented)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp Real sea salt
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- Optional Garnish:
- Bring stock and coconut milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in peppers, soy sauce, ginger, curry, and salt. Let soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and limes juice. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through (about five minutes).
- Top with optional garnishes
Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
Photography by Jennifer Leung Johnson