Looking for a fast but memorable appetizer? Perfect for an office party, a holiday get-together or just something to snack on before dinner, these savory stuffed mushrooms need just four simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time. Don’t let the ease of operation fool you, though…these little mushrooms will leave a big impression on your guests!
Start by picking out some great mushrooms. Great mushrooms will be organic, free of bruises, and feel dry to the touch…never wet or slimy. Look for firm stems and dry, papery gills (more tips on selecting, storing and cleaning mushrooms can be found here). The size of mushroom you choose is up to you…small mushrooms make great bite-sized appetizers, while larger mushrooms might require a fork but look beautiful on the table. Carefully wash the mushrooms, remove the stems and set the caps aside. Gather your ingredients while the mushrooms dry.
Soften some organic cream cheese (either in the microwave or for a few minutes in the oven). You can use cream cheese from the store, or try making your own from yogurt. Then, grate and chop some fresh organic Parmesan cheese. I grated my cheese on the fine side of the grater, then chopped it a little bit so that it would melt easier. Chop the mushroom stems finely, then mix the chopped stems, Parmesan, and a clove of crushed garlic into the soft cream cheese. Use this mixture to stuff the mushroom caps, then bake until the cheese is brown and crispy on top. Quick and easy!
- 20 organic mushrooms
- 12 ounces organic cream cheese
- 1½ cup organic Parmesan Cheese, grated and chopped
- 1 clove organic garlic, pressed
- Paprika, for garnish
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems and set the caps aside to dry. Finely chop the stems.
- Soften cream cheese, and add the Parmesan, garlic, and chopped stems. Mix well, then stuff the mushroom caps with the cheese mixture.
- Arrange mushrooms in a baking dish, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is brown, bubbly and crispy on top (25-35 minutes, depending on the size of the mushrooms).
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
What’s your favorite appetizer?