Naked quiche is one of my favorite, easy go-to meals. It’s perfect for breakfast or dinner (because, let’s be honest, sometimes breakfast for dinner is awesome). And when using pastured eggs, fresh garden veggies, and spices, this little one-pan-meal is full of nourishment.
It’s called “naked” quiche because there is no crust. Don’t get me wrong… I love a good crust every now and then (as long as it’s made with real fats like butter, lard, or coconut oil). But considering that most store bought crusts are loaded with industrialized, hydrogenated fats, your body with thank you for leaving it out. Plus, naked quiche becomes one of those super simple and fast meals when life gets busy.
Who doesn’t love that?
Serves: 1 9" pie pan
- 5 eggs (preferably pastured)
- ⅔ cup whole milk (preferably raw)
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ - 2 cups chopped veggies (I used tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, and asparagus, but let your imagination go wild!)
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, lightly grease a 9" glass pie pan (like this).
- Chop veggies into bite small size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and spices.
- Spread chopped veggies across the bottom of the pie pan.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into pan over vegetables.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until set. Cool slightly before eating.
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.