Recipe: Chicken fajitas – Delightfully yummy!
I really love chicken fajitas. Something about the combination of aromatic spices, onions, peppers, and juicy chicken just gets my mouth watering. Throw in some sour cream and homemade guacamole and I’m pretty much in heaven.
These chicken fajitas are easy to make. You can prep them in the morning and let the chicken and veggies marinade during the day so that by dinner time all you need to do is throw these in a hot pan and you are good to go. These are perfect on some sprouted corn tortillas. And since I’m something of a cheese fanatic, I always like to add a little pepper jack to top it all off. Enjoy!
3 hours 20 minutes
1 small onion, sliced thinly
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
Juicy Chicken Fajitas Marinade:
3 Tbs coconut oil, melted (where to buy
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs lime juice (freshly squeezed is best!)
1 1/2 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp oregeno
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp real salt
6 - 8 sprouted corn tortillas
- Combine the onions, peppers, chicken, and garlic in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the marinade ingredients.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and chicken. Mix well to making sure everything gets coated (I like to put it all in a glass bowl with a lid and then just shake it all up). The coconut oil might "clump" up a bit if the veggies and chicken are cold. That's okay. Set aside for an hour (or put in the fridge and let it marinade for a 2 - 8 hours).
- Heat a frying pan. Add chicken fajitas mixture and sautee for 6 - 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the onions and peppers are tender.
- Serve on tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, and pepper jack cheese. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
SIGN UP FOR FREE UPDATES, OFFERS, & TIPS.
Plus I'll send you a free copy of "Your Simply Healthy Handbook." It's your #1 resource to make healthy living easy.
Thank you for supporting this site with purchases made through links in this article.