Greek lemon rice is a wonderful side dish that adds flavor and elegance to your meal. It pairs perfectly with grilled beef, chicken or kebabs and it really isn’t much harder than cooking a pot of plain rice! I found this recipe at SparkRecipes.com and played with it just a touch to get the flavor I was looking for…the tangy zip of lemon goes perfectly with some fragrant fresh rosemary and sweet onion.
You’ll want to start with a nice organic Jasmine or Basmati rice. Pour some chicken or vegetable stock over it, and squeeze in some fresh organic lemon juice. Add a finely chopped sweet onion and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, and then bring it all to a boil. Reduce it to a simmer, pop a lid on top and let it cook (stirring frequently) for 15-20 minutes.
When all the liquid has been absorbed, all you need to do is fluff it up with a fork and add some salt and pepper. Ready for the table! My family loved this recipe so much, they’ve asked me to make it as a side just about every time we grill. I’m not complaining…it’s easy to make, and I enjoy it too!
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cups organic basmati or jasmine rice
- 4 cups organic chicken or vegetable stock (here's how to make your own chicken stock)
- 1 large organic lemon, juiced (or ½ cup organic lemon juice)
- 2 large sprigs of organic fresh rosemary
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- In a pan, bring the rice, chicken or vegetable stock, lemon juice and rosemary to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, and cover the pot. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid in the pot.
- Fluff with a fork, and season with sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.