Are you ready for something delicious? Like, really delicious? Super yummy, even? I thought so. I love these real food cream cheese brownies. They are the perfect summer indulgence with no fake ingredients. Just delicious, fudgey, creamy, goodness.
These brownies really aren’t too hard to make. The brownie portion can be done in a small saucepan and with one single spoon. (And yes, you can make just the brownie portion of this recipe… they are yummy all alone). The cream cheese topping is simply a matter of mixing a few ingredients together. Combined, these two create something wonderful.
- 6 oz. chocolate chips, fair trade (I do 3 oz. each of dark and milk chocolate, but you can do whatever you like! Just another reason to get a kitchen scale if you don't have one.)
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter
- ¾ cup rapadura sugar (like this)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup whole wheat or spelt flour (I choose either sprouted or freshly ground)
- ¼ tsp real salt
- 1 8oz. package of organic cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8" glass baking dish.
- Cut butter into small cubes. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring consistently. Once completely melted remove from heat.
- Stir in rapadura and vanilla with a large wooden spoon. Then add the eggs, 1 at a time, and stir vigorously until well combined.
- Stir in flour and salt. Again, stir vigorously until well combined. Pour brownie mixture into a well greased baking dish.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and mix on medium-high until well combined.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie mixture. Spread with spatula and then drag a knife through the make swirls.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Let cool on wire rack (like this). And then chill for a couple of hours before serving. (I promise, it's worth the wait!)
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
What’s your favorite dessert indulgence?