It’s been one of “those” weeks where I needed something comforting to eat. Something nourishing. Something warm. And that’s why I’m sharing my favorite comforting beef stew with y’all.
This beef stew is seriously so good. Both the hubs and my little girl gobble it up. I love it because the long simmer makes tougher (and less expensive) cuts of meat delectable. I also love the nourishing ingredients: Broth, spices, garlic, veggies, grass-fed beef. Nothing but honest to goodness love in this stew.
Make some this week. I know I say it a lot, but your body will thank you.
- 2 pounds of stew beef, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbs coconut oil (where to buy)
- 4 cups beef stock (chicken stock will also work)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 tsp real salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 dashes of allspice
- ½ tsp ginger
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (where to buy)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 5 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 Tbs arrowroot powder
- Heat oil in a large pot. Brown meat.
- Add stock, garlic, bay leaves, onions, vinegars, honey, and spices. Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 1½ hours.
- Remove garlic cloves and bay leaves. Add carrots and celery. Cover and cook for another 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of liquid. Place in a separate bowl. Add arrowroot powder and stir until smooth. Mix back in with the rest of the stew. Stir and cook until hot and bubbly.
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.