Ready for some seriously good banana bread? Possibly the best banana bread ever? The best banana bread that is also healthy? You read that right. With sprouted flour, organic whole cane sugar, and a generous amount of gooey butter, this banana bread is really delicious.
Something about the colder month just makes me want to bake. When I was first making the switch to real foods I found it easy to make my own goodies, but more difficult to stay away from refined sugars and flours. Then I discovered the goodness of using sprouted flour! Sprouted flour is easier to digest, has increased vitamins, and reduced anti-nutrients. Good stuff, people. Good stuff.
This is definitely the best banana bread I’ve ever made, and that’s saying something. I’ve probably cycled through a dozen different recipes over the years, never fully satisfied. But now. NOW, I have my own best banana bread recipe that I can feel good about eating. And so can you.
This banana bread is moist, dense, lightly sweet, and the hint of cinnamon just feels as cozy as Fall. Yum.
- 2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup organic whole cane sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinammon
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (full fat, please.)
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a bread pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combined smashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients (be careful not to over "smash" your banana bits). Scoop into prepared bread pan. Dough will be thick. Use a spatula to even it out in the pan.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven. (Oven times will vary, check at 35 minutes and continue baking until a toothpick comes out clean.) Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.