I love soup. Love it. And when a soup has a name like Parmesan, Zucchini, and Potato Soup I love it even more. This is a perfect end of summer/beginning of fall soup. Comforting, light, and an easy way to deal with an abundance of zucchini. The potatoes give this soup a nice fullness. And the broth? Let’s just say I usually end up drinking it from my bowl like a cup. So good.
Like most soups, feel free to play with the ingredients. I always like to make soups toward the end of my grocery shopping week and use up any left over veggies. Have fun. Be creative. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (where to buy)
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2-3 medium zucchini , scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh thyme , for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini and potato. Add enough broth to barely cover the vegetables. Add the thyme and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, sour cream, and cheese. Heat until hot, but do not boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls, and sprinkle each serving with thyme. Serve hot.
What’s your favorite soup?
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.