Struggling to get or stay asleep? You are not alone, my friend. Whether you’re a tired parent, a stressed worker, or simply can’t shut your brain off (or all of the above!) the good news is that essentials oil have been used to support your body in getting the sleep it needs.
Essential Oils for Better Sleep
The aromatherapy from many essential oils can exert strong calming effects. Most people are familiar with the idea of lavender for helping to calm and induce sleep. But it’s not the only essential oil that can help support a good night’s rest. In fact, depending on YOUR biochemistry and preferences there may be a much better oil for that. I personally don’t like lavender as a way top calm me down and prefer Roman chamomile. The following oils are common recommendations to support a good night’s sleep:
Singles: Lavender, cedarwood, orange, Roman chamomile, valerian,
Blends: RutuVaLa, Peace and Calming, Harmony, Dream Catcher, Valro, Gentle Babe, Tranquil, Trauma Life, Stress Away
Click here purchase therapeutic grade essential oil as wholesale prices.
- Diffuse 30 – 60 minutes at bedtime
- Apply 1 – 3 drops on a cotton ball and place near your pillow
- Put 2 – 3 oil drops in your hands, rub and then cup your hands over your nose to inhale deeply
- Apply 1 – 3 drops (neat or diluted depending on the oil and your preference) to shouldrs, stomach, or to bottoms of your feet
- Mix 6 – 8 drops with a quarter cup of Epsom salt in hot water and add that to running bath water for a relaxing bath
- Place 1 – 3 drops of an oil, diluted 50/50 with a carrier oil, in a capsule and ingest 1 hour before bed*
*Remember that I only recommend using Young Living essential oils, especially when using topically or ingesting!