I’ll admit it. I’m not a huge salad fan… most of the time. Honestly, when I learned about how nasty most commercial salad dressing are (you know, full of GMOs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and rancid vegetable oils) I didn’t feel to bad about my general dislike for them.
Luckily, making your own homemade salads and dressing is not only a whole lot healthier (because, let’s be honest, drowning your veggies in horrible dressings really doesn’t make it good for you), but they are easy to make. And it turns out, I actually like REAL salads with REAL dressing made from REAL ingredients.
So whether you love salads or need a little persuasion, here are 14 divinely delicious summer salads and dressing to try.
But wait! Before we jump in to the recipes, I do think it’s important to remember something about your ingredients: Quality matters. A lot of recipes call for olive oil (which is a great oil for non-heat applications like dressings)… before you dive into the yummy goodness, be sure to check out this post from The Nourished Life about getting the best olive oil possible.
14 Delicious Summer Salad & Dressing Recipes
1. Italian Vinaigrette Dressing from Peace, Love, and Low Carb
2. Parmesan Ranch Dressing from Thank Your Body (hey! That’s me!)
3. Fresh and Easy Salad from The Coconut Mama
4. Watermelon Mango Salad from LA Healthy Living
5. Spinach Apple Bacon Salad with Coconut Almond Dressing from Butter Believer
6. Poppy Seed Honey Mustard Dressing from Thank Your Body
7. Fig, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad from LA Healthy Living
8. Honey-Glazed Coconut Shrimp Salad Topper from Butter Nutrition
9. Avocado Ranch Dressing from Peace, Love, and Low Carb
10. Grilled Steak Salad with Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette from Thank Your Body
11. Warm Kale Salad with Bacon and Eggs from LA Health Living
12. Bacon Ranch Dressing from Peace, Love, and Low Carb
13. Lentil Salad with Tomatoes from Thank Your Body
14. Classic Caesar Salad from Nourished Kitchen
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.
Tell me: What’s your favorite salad recipe?