I am amazed by how often people associate “eating healthy” with some sort of deprived torture. As we’ve altered our approach to food and nourishment, I definitely have NOT felt the slightest bit “cheated” out of good things to eat. (Although it did take some time to let my body get rid of some bad sugar cravings and get used to new flavors.) And while this new “lifestyle” requires a little more planning, cooking, and consciousness (which has been quite energizing, actually), we still love to “thank” our bodies with sweet and delicious food. Enter: Berry Cobbler.
This sweet summer berry cobbler is easy to make, easy to adapt, and so tasty! We use natural sweeteners to avoid things like High Fructose Corn Syrup or artificial sweeteners (aka: poison), but this is not something we indulge in every day. However, we definitely don’t feel guilty for enjoying this berry cobbler dessert. It packed with great things!
Serves: 4 servings
- ⅓ cup sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup nuts (we like walnuts and almonds together)
- 3 Tbs butter or coconut oil (where to buy)
- ¼ cup raw honey or organic maple syrup (grade B) (like this)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 -3 lbs of fresh berries (organic is best if you got them) OR 2 10 - 14 oz. bags of frozen berries (cut any large berries into bite-size pieces).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all the crumble top ingredients. Blend well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine honey and cinnamon. Add fruit and stir well to coat. Put filling in a lightly oiled 8 x 8" baking pan or pie plate.
- Crumble topping ingredients over the top.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is browned.
Tip: If top starts browning too soon, loosely cover with foil while fruit continues to bake.
- I love to cut the recipe in half and make individual servings in small ramekins. That way there isn’t too many left-overs to tempt me the rest of the night!
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.