Confession. I’m really not that much of a chocolate fan. Between that and my dislike for high heels and shopping I sometimes feel like a stranger in the “girls’ club.” But that’s okay. Despite my general “whatever” for chocolate, I love love LOVE these double chocolate cookies. Not only are they rich, soft, and so tasty… they are also made with only real ingredients like sprouted flour and coconut oil. These are definitely a treat you can feel good giving your kids.
And like any recipe that is my “go to,” these are also easy to make.
1. Mix ingredients.
2. Scoop dough onto baking sheets.
Ready to get your double chocolate cookies goodness on? Good!
Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
1/2 cup sprouted wheat or spelt flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking aluminum free powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup sour cream (hint: low-fat and fat-free aren’t real, okay?)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup rapadura (organic whole cane sugar)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (fair trade, please)
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a medium bowl or in your stand mixer, beat sour cream and coconut oil until well combined. Add in sugar and vanilla. Beat until combined.
2. On low, slowly mix in all the remaining ingredients except for the flour and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
3. Gently fold in flour and then the chocolate chips.
4. Place dough by the spoon full on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (I love my unbleached parchment paper for jobs like this). Flatten dough slightly either with your hand of the back of a spoon.
5. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheet for another five before transferring to a wire rack.
Makes 14 cookies
NOTE: Due to an never-ending cesspool of spam, I have made the tough decision to close comments 14 days after the original posting of all posts. If you have a burning question or are looking for support in your journey to healthy living, please join the Thank Your Body Friends facebook page here.