You scream. I scream. We all scream for ice cream! Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a sucker for ice cream. The only thing better than a quality store bought ice cream, is homemade ice cream. Homemade vanilla ice cream, to be exact.
Best yet, you don’t have to be shamed or feel guilty about this ice cream. If you are truly lactose intolerant, then my deepest sympathies. If you choose not to eat dairy, we can still be friends. But this homemade vanilla ice cream uses only the highest quality real food ingredients like raw organic cream and pastured eggs yolks… that means it’s a winner winner dessert after dinner. And since sugar is essential to good health, you don’t need to freak about the sweetness either. (I’ve given you two options for a sweetener to appease the die-hard real foodies and the die-hard ice creamies, too.)
Soft, creamy, goodness.
And with the help of a little raw honey and sea salt, this ice cream doesn’t turn rock hard once it goes in the freezer. It’s perfect. Delicious. Can’t you tell by her face?
Just don’t leave the room and ask your husband to clean up or you’ll get this:
Serves: 4 servings
- 3½ cups of raw organic cream (any cream will do, but raw gives you extra healthy benefits if you can get your hands on it).
- 4 pastured egg yolks
- ½ cup organic cane sugar or organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- A generous pinch of real sea salt
- Beat the eggs yolks in a medium size bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
- Enjoy it in its out-of-the-ice-cream-maker-softy-goodness, or place in an air tight container with plastic wrap over the ice cream to consume later.
- *You can add strawberries, chocolate chips, or any other topping. Just add for the last couple of minutes of churning.
Looking for more delicious real food recipes? I’ve got your back!
I’ve put together 85 incredible dishes that are full of flavor, super yummy, and good for you, too. From main dishes to desserts (and everything in between) you’ll have some fun new eats that I know you’ll love.
Best part? The ebook is only 2 bucks. It’s a total no-brainer, right? Right. Click here to check it out.