Grain free diet? If you had asked me about “going grain free” as a youth I probably would have given you a really weird look. Let’s be honest, I really like grains. I love sourdough bread, biscuits, and other comforting grainy goodness. But it seems like lately more people are diving into a grain free diet. And with good reason.
Why you might want to consider going grain free.
- All grains are high in phytic acid. These anti-nutrients block important minerals like calcium and magnesium. Traditional societies would always soak, sprout, or sour their grains which would help eliminate the phytates. Unfortunately, almost all commercial grain foods are not properly prepared. One major reason why more and more people seem to struggle with them.
- Along with the phytic acid, grains also have gluten and lectins which can lead to inflammation. Again, its seems like more and more people are “gluten” intolerant and find a lot of relief when skipping out on grains.
- Improperly prepared grains can damage the lining of your gut. When our food is not broken down properly, larger food particles can be released into the blood stream. Our body sees this food as an invader and attacks accordingly. If you’ve heard of “leaky gut” you know what I’m talking about. Guess what? Many food allergies and diseases have been attributed to leaky gut. Getting rid of the grains could be a major step in gaining back your health.
Of course, it’s also interesting to read up on the countless testimonials of how good people feel when they kick the grain habit. I’ve been thinking about doing an elimination diet (I’ve had this small annoying eczema-like rash on my leg that just won’t go away, and I’m pretty sure it’s food related). This is why I’m so excited about the new Grain Free Cooking Class!
Go Grain-Free – the Online Cooking Class that will help the mystery out of eating a grain-free diet!
Dr. Jill Tieman of RealFoodForager.com bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to this awesome course. She will teach you to prepare healthy, delicious grain-free meals. This is the perfect class for those on a primal/paleo diet, those on GAPS or SCD, or anyone who (like me) is looking to take a healing break from grains. (The good news: Most people CAN heal their gut which means I plan on eating properly prepared grains again!)
Go Grain-Free includes:
- Over 80 video tutorials
- Over 150 printable recipes
- As an added bonus, if you buy now, you’ll receive an extra 2 bonus videos
Check out the Go Grain-Free video:
Sign up with a one-time payment of $149 and get lifetime access to 12 classes.
Lifetime access means that once you are enrolled, you can go back again and again to the video lessons and recipes and learn at your own pace. This is a special launch price. The price of the class will go up to $199 when the launch period is over.
Need one more reason to sign up now?
Okay. Here’s one: Use the discount code “NOGRAINS” and get an extra $20 off!
This means that for $129 (a whopping $70 off the original price) you get unlimited lifetime access to this class. That’s less than $11 per class!
The coupon expires soon, so take advantage of this awesome class. I’m personally looking forward to finally mastering grain free baking. (I mean, look at these muffins? Don’t they look divine?)
Tell me? Have you ever (or are you now) grain free?