Vegetarian stuffed bell peppers. Why? Because they are delicious. And healthy. And it’s always good to have real food, vegetarian option.
So enjoy this awesome recipe from Hannah Healy of Healy Eats Real.
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pastured egg
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar (to sprinkle on top)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Put rice in a bowl and add tomato sauce, egg, shredded cheddar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Wash bell peppers and cut the tops off. Remove inner membrane and seeds.
- Fill each bell pepper to the top with the rice mixture. Top with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Put in an 8x8 pyrex or ceramic dish and bake for 50 - 60 minutes. The top will be browned and crispy.