This gluten-free pancake recipe is the bees knees. And I’m going to show you how to turn it into an even easier make-ahead gluten-free pancake mix so you’ll be ready to provide a nourishing breakfast any day of the week.
Gluten-free pancake recipe = Love in the morning.
We’ve all heard how important the first meal of the day is, but even so, breakfast is often rushed or skipped altogether. Sure, we are busy, but the answer doesn’t have to be a breakfast bar, quick bowl of cereal, or a replacement drink. If we are prepared, a nourishing and filling breakfast doesn’t have to just be a weekend reality. This gluten-free pancake recipe is the easy way to fill the whole family.
Gluten-free pancake mix = Love all week long.
I love to make a large amount of this gluten-free pancake mix and keeping it in the pantry so I can serve my family pancakes for breakfast at least once a week, and sometimes for dinner too! Served with a side of bacon or sausage, real maple syrup, and fresh fruit, these pancakes are a family favorite! Not only are they tasty, but they are healthy too! These pancakes are gluten-free and contain flax, which is a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3.
If you are dairy-free, swap the milk for a milk substitute such as coconut or almond milk and use coconut oil in place of the butter. If you are egg-free, use ¼ cup of applesauce in replace of the egg. Enjoy!
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients until well incorporated. The batter should be thick, with little tiny bubbles on the surface.
- Heat a cast-iron, nonstick griddle or heavy frying pan over medium heat.
- Using a ladle, pour a spoonful of batter into the hot pan and cook until small bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Flip and cook. Serve warm!
So, are you ready for an to try this easy gluten-free pancake mix? I’m going to go prepare the pancake mix today and have it handy for the rest of the week. Who’s with me?