DIY all natural homemade pomade. Why? Well, the time has come to finally start growing out my pixie cut. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve loved this hair cut for a number of reasons. It’s SO easy to do. I don’t feel like I’m hiding behind my hair. My husband loves it. And did I mention it is SO easy to do?
Truthfully, one of the main reasons why I cut my hair in the first place was because my long hair was having such issues with the whole no ‘poo thing. Luckily, I’ve been able to find a natural shampoo recipe that works for my hair (you can see that here), and I feel much more confident growing my hair back. Besides, sometimes you just want a change, right? Right.
My pixie cut was short enough, and my hair thick enough, that I didn’t really need any sort of product to get a style I liked. Occasionally I’d smear a little coconut oil on the ends if they needed some taming. But for the most part I’ve really been able to just shower, blow-dry, and go. 2 minutes and done. (See, SO easy to do!)
But as I am starting the looooong process of growing this cut out, I know I’ll need some help making the cut look like something more than a mop. Hence, the all natural homemade hair pomade.
I love my homemade pomade because:
1. This homemade pomade is easy to make.
2. It’s easy to alter and make it perfect for your hair.
3. It’s not full of questionable chemicals that I can’t pronounce. Instead, this has healthy and nourishing ingredients. Trust me, your hair will thank you.
4. This all natural homemade pomade gives my hair some “mold-ability” that makes this growing out process fun.
Ready? Let’s do this.
DIY All Natural Homemade Pomade
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (like this)
2 Tbs. Organic Beeswax, grated (like this… or make your life easier and get this.)
Essential Oils (optional, but I always nice for scent and extra benefits - learn how to get my favorite essential oils at wholesale prices here.)
You’ll also need some sort of container for your homemade pomade. I like these tins that I found on Amazon.
1. Melt beeswax and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, reduce heat to low, whisk in the olive oil until fully incorporated.
2. Take off heat and mix in a couple of drops of essential oil (5 – 10). Let cool completely and check the texture. If too stiff, put back on heat and add more coconut or olive oil. If too runny, put back on heat and add more beeswax.
3. Place homemade pomade in container and get that hair beautified!
What’s your favorite all natural hair care products?
NOTE: Due to an never-ending cesspool of spam, I have made the tough decision to close comments 14 days after the original posting of all posts. If you have a burning question or are looking for support in your journey to healthy living, please join the Thank Your Body Friends facebook page here.