Hey guys! It’s time for another book review. I love reading and have read my fair share of gems and… uh, not-so-gem-like books. Please know that I will ONLY review books that I have read and LOVE. My hope is that for those readers looking for more thorough knowledge than just a blog post may find the right book for them. You can check out my other book reviews here.
Do you or someone you know have eczema? You know… the itchy, dry, red skin rash that can ooze, flake, and be a major source of frustration?
As someone who has struggled with skin issues for most of my life, I have spent literally hundreds of hours trying to figure out the key to smooth, radiant, beautiful skin. I spent many hours inside a doctor’s office while being prescribed some sort of cream or pill to help “cure” the problem. But the problem was that none of that stuff ever did anything. At best they covered up some of the symptoms, but none of them really addressed the root issue.
Emily Bartlett, a health practitioner who has been practicing Chinese and holistic medicine in LA and consulting patients around the globe talks similarly about the mainstream “treatments” for eczema:
“These treatments fail because stopping the rash does not resolve the reason why the rash is happening in the first place… Using cortisone cream to fix eczema is a bit like paiting a rickety house that’s about to fall down. It makes it look better, and you may feel better for a short period of time—but ultimately the underlying issues must be addressed.”
Emily is a pretty smart cookie. And by pretty smart, I mean really smart. Not only has she been helping people find better health at her awesome blog www.holistickid.com, but she’s also helped many people cure their eczema and find beautiful skin. Just check out this difference in her own daughter:
Emily’s book The Eczema Cure is an amazing resource for anyone struggling with itchy, dry skin. She lays out a simple 4 step action plan that involves looking at the various causes of eczema and then provides a gameplan to treat it from the inside out. Of course, the biggest culprit of any skin issue is diet. As a real food genius, Emily provides some great insight and delicious recipes to help treat the real root problem of eczema.
The Eczema Cure covers the following:
- Why eczema happens, so you understand the root cause behind your condition.
- How steroids and antibiotics actually contribute to your condition rather than heal it.
- Exactly how to identify environmental and dietary triggers, so you can put an end to those flares!
- How to “put out the fire” that causes your itchy, red, oozing rash.
- How to strengthen your immunity, so you’re armed with the strongest defense to defeat your eczema.
- The exact supplements and nutrients your body needs to heal, and the best sources.
- The truth about probiotic foods, including their vital role in your diet.
- The facts about dairy, including must-have information about dairy sensitivities and alternatives.
- Tips and recipes for cleansing foods that detoxify gently.
….and MUCH more.
While a visit to her office could cost you over $200, she is offering her ebook, The Eczema Cure, right now at a special introductory rate of $24.95. Having read this book myself, I can tell you that the information in here is really worth every penny.
To learn more or purchase your own copy go here.
Tell me, do you struggle with skin issues? What has helped you? Share your secrets!